Small Town Charm, Relaxed Rural Retreat, Wired to the WorldLocated in the southern piedmont of Virginia, this historic county seat Town of Halifax has been admired for its handsome houses, churches, and lush landscaping for over a century. By incorporating fiber optic & wireless broadband technology, continuing a downtown revitalization project, and planning for economic growth in harmony with its natural surroundings, the town is preparing for a sustainable future.
Bounded by the shores of Banister Lake and the lower Banister River and surrounded by farmland and rolling woodlands, Halifax offers residents, businesses, and visitors the charm of a small town and the relaxed atmosphere of a rural retreat.
The Mountain Road Historic District is a tree-shaded road that stretches west from the courthouse square into the countryside. The road was built up slowly so that it now presents a range of buildings from the early 19th century to the present.
- Visit and Enjoy Our Upcoming Events
- Shop Local - April 5th
- 5th Annual Earth Day Extravaganza April 26th
- Saturday, April 5th Town of Halifax Events
- Country Charm Farm Photo Shoot at Town of Halifax Farmers Market
- Solar-Powered Wireless Pilot Project Lands in Town of Halifax
- Please Use Provided Pet Waste Receptacles
- 1st Saturdays Community Yard Sales
- Town of Halifax Two-Hour Parking