The Town of Halifax Solid Waste Department will conduct its annual free fall clean-up for town residents and businesses by appointment only on Friday, October 23rd and Saturday, October 24th. This service will be subject to the following conditions:
1) Residents and businesses are required to call the Halifax Town Hall (434-476-2343) for notification to remove discarded household/business items and yard debris too large for regular trash pick-up and must give their name, telephone number and physical address (notification for sign-up must be made prior to 12:00 noon on Wednesday, October 21st).
2) Only household/business items that can be lifted by two grown men will be accepted, and no caustic solvents, toxic or hazardous materials or petroleum based liquids will be permitted.
3) Tree limbs and brush must be cut in lengths no greater than 4 feet and neatly piled by participant along with qualifying household/business items near the curbside of the property or customary pick up site to be easily visible and accessible from the road by Town Solid Waste personnel.
4) Town employees will not be responsible for cutting or removing tree trunks or tree limbs with a diameter of 4 inches or greater.
5) The Solid Waste Supervisor will not be required to remove the qualifying material mentioned above if resident or business owner has failed to notify the Halifax Town Hall to schedule a pick-up.